[78-L] Varsity Classical LP ID

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Sat May 18 14:47:33 PDT 2013

Let me clarify (ha!)..World's Greatest Music was pressed by Victor, World's
Greatest SYMPHONIES was an Obie label designed to look like WGM. And there was
a Mozart 40 on that label as well as on Masterpiece (WERM lists it as
Musicraft, since they distributed it). And just to muddy everything further,
the Victor-recorded World's Greatest Operas were later reissued by Obie, from
Victor stampers but pressed by who knows who, and transferred to lp on
pressings similar to Royale (and also used by parade with narration by Milton
cross).

dl