[78-L] Google home page

David Breneman david_breneman at yahoo.com
Wed May 8 09:36:50 PDT 2013

 From: David Lennick <dlennick at sympatico.ca>

> Check the Google home page today. Saul Bass's birthday, image from Anatomy
> of a
> Murder. (So how come it says it's gonna play Brubeck instead of Ellington)
> http://www.google.ca/

I always wondered how these guys decide what they're going to "honor"
in this way.  They completely ignored the anniversary of the 1962
World's Fair (and all the iconic imagery that went with it), but will
commemorate the 43rd anniversary of some obscure Dr. Seuss book or
something.

Ob78:

There was supposedly a 78 recorded to promote the Fair, "Skidattle to
Seattle".  I've never seen or heard it.  It may have been a one-off.