[78-L] VARIABLE MICROGRADE 78 - What dat?

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Thu May 2 19:09:41 PDT 2013

.7 is fine for many lps including early ones. 1 mil is better on mono Mercury
Living Presence, especially where there's overmodulation toward the center.

.7 is also great on those 7-inch Bell 78s from 1953-55, which should always
have been played with an lp needle. Even a worn one can yield up half decent
sound when the small tip gets past the worn part of the groove.

dl