[78-L] Bob Brozman

Jeff Lichtman jeff at swazoo.com
Mon Apr 29 11:12:16 PDT 2013

Here's the relevant paragraph:

In 1980 Brozman was involved in a serious car crash and, according to [friend and collaborator Daniel] Thomas, "suffered severe pain in his spine and his extremities ever since". A year and a half ago, Brozman told him he was unable to play Hawaiian guitar. "He said 'My hand won't do it' ... and he was the greatest Hawaiian player since Tau Moe." While recording his last album, Fire in the Mind, "there were times when he just had to stop, and it was incredibly painful for him". According to Thomas, Brozman "took his own life. He said he was dissolving before his own eyes, and he was devastated by the loss. He struggled to imagine his life without an instrument in his hands."

How terribly sad!