[78-L] BLUEBIRD B-11262-A (Ain't Nothin' To It)

J. E. Knox rojoknox at metroeast.org
Sat Apr 27 15:47:43 PDT 2013

Greetings from FixitLand!

Clifford Bolling wrote:

>> Got a nice Fats Waller Bluebird record B-11262. The A side is labeled COME AND GET IT but the song is really AIN'T NOTHIN TO IT. Rust says this was not issued in 78 rpm format. ...

Han Enderman noted:

Michael Biel wrote:

> The ring lengths and cuts are pressing plant codes.  I do not have the
> codes for the RCA Mfg Co. labels, only the meatball labels.

As I understand it, those with cuts and 10:00 and 2:00 are Hollywood pressings, much like the postwar "meatball" and RCA Victor labels have a single cut at 12:00. Cliff's copy also has all the patent numbers, so it's an early pressing (Hey Cliff...could you please bring that disc over when next we get together? Would love to see it in person. T'anx!!).

Was Victor's Indianapolis plant in service in 1941? I'd like to know where the prewar Eastern pressing plants were. Still in Camden?

Take care,

—
Joe "The Victor Freak"
—
"If cats are 'pets' and people are 'masters' why am I the one standing here with a Pooper Scooper?"—Karl Knox (1960–2005)