[78-L] An odd Emerson

Han Enderman jcenderman at solcon.nl
Fri Apr 26 06:16:16 PDT 2013

Ty's list of the Emerson 2000s shows several suffixes.
I have several label scans, but none of them has the letter "z".
The scans show no suffix, or suffixes -X or -XP.
Anyone knows the meaning of the suffixes?

Note also that all release nrs in the 2000 series start with "0" (zero),
which is why the zero is listed as prefix for some issues.

In the past it was easy to consult Ty's site, but the last weeks/months it takes me
much time to open the main page and I dislike to consult it.
Not clear if this is related to the sponsored advertisement or the facebook links that appear on the main page http://www.78discography.com/
Is this a common problem?

han enderman
===
>>> Hi all,
I found Emerson 02036-X among a bunch of records that I had never gone through.  Black label with a red background to black Emerson lettering, highlighted by white.  Mx 4178 is the Bell Song from Lakme; mx 4179 is "Caro Nome" from Rigoletto, both sung by Eva Leoni, with an orchestra accomp. conducted by Arthur Bergh.  Some impressive vocal calisthenics. Curious about the singer, the recording (when, where) and whether this is an Emerson line with more of similar material.  It is certainly different that the typical Emersons I have found.
Before I sent this, I checked Ty's online discography site.  There seem to have been quite a few "2000" series classical discs.  Did Emerson get them from elsewhere, or did they record them themselves.  I've just never seen one like this before.
Thanks in advance.
Bob Shirer
<<<