[78-L] <VE> or (VE)

Rodger Holtin rjh334578 at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 20 19:16:27 PDT 2013

We’ve probably all seen Victors with <VE> on one side
and (VE) on the other – odd, unusual, but not unheard-of.  Here’s a new twist on that theme.

I have two copies of 10” Red Seal 4323 – Ah Sweet Mystery of
Life and Indian Love Call by nelsonandjeannette.  One copy has silver print circle label,
double eccentric, with the VE pressed in the wax in a diamond on both
sides.  The other is a later RCA label,
Sweet Mystery is a dub but Indian has the VE in the oval.  Indian on both discs are -2.

Two pressings same tune, same take; one oval,
one diamond!    Anybody ever seen variants in the VE outline
before?  Two lathes?  Another pseudo-sorta-stereo?

Rodger

For Best Results use Victor Needles.

.