[78-L] Robeson PEACE ARCH & Transatlantic Concerts waseBay puzzle

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Thu Apr 18 21:10:44 PDT 2013

To clarify this (since it's in another thread), some years ago I did a Paul
Robeson CD for a label called Magnum America. The label went out of business
and I never saw the issued version (wasn't even certain it had been issued). A
few years later I picked up a Folk Era CD containing Robeson's two Peace Arch
Concerts (1952 and 1953), hoping I'd get a better sounding recording, but
no..the 1952 concert sounded as scratchy as mine had. Not until today did I
compare my Magnum master and the Folk Era transfer and discover that they were
identical, and not until today did I know that I was missing sides 5 & 6 (the
78s are in manual sequence and there were no titles listed on the liner, and I
also didn't notice until today that a pocket had been torn from my album). Ha!

dl