[78-L] Herbie Fields

J. E. Knox rojoknox at metroeast.org
Tue Apr 16 11:04:11 PDT 2013

Greetings from FixitLand!

Julian Vein wrote:

> I read somewhere that RCA Victor 20-3002 ("David" & "Nocturne Boogie")
> was never issued. I thought it was mentioned in the notes to Vintage
> Music Productions VMP 0051 ("Herbie Fields His Orchestra and Quintet
> (1946-1947"), but it seems not.
>
> Can anyone disprove this assertion?

The coupling is listed in the "Abrams files" (and, by extension, Ty's Online 78 RPM Discography site), with nothing noted about being unissued or even withdrawn. Not impossible though. Something's familiar about those titles, but I'll have to check.

Or I could be confusing with Fields' "Moon Nocturne" (20-2054-A)...

The "Honking Duck" Fields discography lists it, but that page appears to be derived from Ty's site.

The jury's still out.

Take care,

—
Joe
—
"If cats are 'pets' and people are 'masters' why am I the one standing here with a Pooper Scooper?"—Karl Knox (1960–2005)