[78-L] a couple questions

Malcolm Rockwell malcolm at 78data.com
Sun Apr 14 09:49:24 PDT 2013

Hi Gang -

Who is our Eli Oberstein expert? I've come up with an untraceable
Masterpiece record (8573), "Aloha Oe" by the fabled anonymous Soprano &
Piano. The green/silver label has the Musicraft imprint on it which
leads me to believe it was issued c. 1942-1943, but it's master
(Masterpiece MM-918) could have come from just about anywhere, including
Europe. I'm stumped!

Aaaand... Is there anyone on the list who would be willing to
transliterate and translate around 100 -200 Greek titles and artists for
me? A fellow collector has located lists of Greek Hawaiian steel guitar
records, and titles with "Hawaii" in them, that were made in the 1930s.
They are HMV, Orthophonic, Columbia and Odeon labels, mostly, and a lot
of Kostas Bezos material never before seen by my eyes and mostly missing
from the Hawaiian discog. There's no money involved here (whaddaya want,
it's discography not retailing!) just the satisfaction of adding to the
general pool of knowledge. Any takers?

Malcolm