[78-L] ODJB on Film?

David Lewis uncledavelewis at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 9 21:04:30 PDT 2013

On 04/09/2013 08:28 PM, David Weiner wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Am I crazy, or is this the 1919 ODJB on this film clip, misdated 1931?
>
> http://www.britishpathe.com/video/music-hath-charms-1/query/music+charms
>
> Dave Weiner

You aren't, and it is.  Larry Shields' posture is unmistakeable, as is
Tony Sbarbaro's face. Also Nick and Eddie's hair.
Michael Shoshani
Chicago

Only problem I have with this is that the ODJB, as far as I know, didn't have a
saxophone player in the UK. They did add one when they returned to the US.

Perhaps the extra guy is an actor hired in for the benefit of the shoot.

Uncle Dave Lewis
uncledavelewis at hotmail.com