[78-L] Duke Records (c1945 label) questions

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Tue Apr 9 19:52:50 PDT 2013

ARLD lists Duke as operating at 769 Rockaway Avenue, Brooklyn, in May 1945 as
per the Billboard ad. Cosmo was on 5th Avenue in New York. No connection I can
see with Duke unless some unissued masters were sold to Cosmo when Duke shut
down..? I have that Trummy Young on Cosmo, with an orange label (Cosmo changed
its colors and labels and logos more often than Karajan recorded the Beethoven
Symphonies).

dl