[78-L] Michael Feinstein's American Songbook - Episode THREE Preview

Steve Ramm steveramm78l at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 9 17:04:28 PDT 2013

I was able to get an advance copy of this week’s episode three of
Michael Feinstein’s “American Songbook” series on PBS titled “On the Air” about
radio stars and transcribed broadcasts. I don’t want to give away too many
spoilers but I thought I’d peak your interest. Two of our buddies are featured –
Doug Pomeroy in his studio and Loren Schoenberg at both the Jazz Museum (with a
surprise) and at Doug’s studio.
Feinstein also visits David Goldin and his 27,000 transcription
collection on Sandy Hook - this will frustrate Mike a lot!.  Viewers will see how to clean acetates from
two different collectors and I KNOW there will be comments on that. Even though
it is called “American Popular Songbook” there’s a whole section here on
CLASSICAL music with a full performance of a Franck piece by Joshua Bell on
Feinstein’s radio show. So classical folks will enjoy this. The Rose Marie
section and interview is great and the clip (not fully shown - is
wonderful.Well, that’s all I’ll tell you. It’s my understanding the DVD version
– no Bluray this time – has not been finalized (though orders being taken and
there will be a bonus disc – though no info on that yet. The episode airs this
Friday on most PBS stations.

Steve