[78-L] Annette Funicello

Cary Ginell soundthink at live.com
Mon Apr 8 10:25:47 PDT 2013

http://www.tmz.com/2013/04/08/annette-funicello-dead-dies-mouseketeer-dead-at-70/
Annette suffered from multiple sclerosis for many years. She lived in my area but I only saw her once, in 1994 at the premiere of our local performing arts center, and she was in a wheelchair then. She was wheeled into the theater by Frankie Avalon and got a standing ovation.
I believe she did make some 78s - for sure some 7-inch kiddie records, but the Mickey Mouse Club made 78s for Disney with some of the Mouseketeers performing and it's likely she was on some of them.
Another Mouseketeer, Don Grady (of My Three Sons fame) also lived near us and I was privileged to call him a friend. He passed away last year of cancer. We still see Don's wife often; she's a choreographer and vocal teacher. Grady's son and daughter are also actors.
Cary Ginell