[78-L] Stephen Fassett of Hobbies magazine

Thomas Stern sternth at attglobal.net
Sun Apr 7 18:36:37 PDT 2013

The LP mentioned is PELICAN LP 2028  ROLAND HAYES  Afro-American Folksongs  [(p)(c)1983]
It is pretty uncommon, but does appear on eBay, sometimes quite reasonably priced.

The SMITHSONIAN CD RD-041  is unfortunately out of print, but shows up regularly on collector sites.

Fassett was instrumental in getting VANGUARD to record a number of HAYES LP's in the 1950's, which have
been made available on a 2-CD set PREISER 93462 The Art of Roland Hayes

His recordings of Joan Baez, Bill Wood and Ted Alevizos were released on a limited edition Veritas
LP "Folksingers Round Harvard Square" , but subsequently reissued by many companies, some deleting some tracks not the tracks by
Baez.

He recorded many(?) of the releases issued on PATHWAYS OF SOUND.

He recorded R.BUCKMINSTER FULLER, issued on CREDO.

must be many more - please let me know of other albums he recorded.  Thanks!

I have not seen the HOBBIES work - please let me know the scope of his writings.  Thanks!

Best wishes, Thomas.