[78-L] Schirmer 500 series

Philip Fukuda 78rpm at sbcglobal.net
Tue Apr 2 13:00:39 PDT 2013

Sorry it's taken me so long on the Schirmer label listings. Here is the first installment, the 500 series (10 inch). I arranged the information following Ty's online 78 site.

Other series to follow.

Label:
Artist:
Tune:
Matrix:
Date:
Comp.:
Album Name & #

501 no info yet

502A
Lanny Ross, Tenor
Over The Rainbow

E.Y. Harburg-Harold Arlen

502B
Lanny Ross, Tenor
The Lamp Is Low

Parish-DeRose-Shefter

503 no info yet

504
Mili Monti
Don't go away, monsieur

Howard Dietz; Arthur Schwartz

504
Mili Monti
April in Paris

E. Y. Harburg; Vernon Duke

505
Lanny Ross with Rudolf
Friml, pianist
Something Seems Tingle-Ingling

Rudolf Friml

505
Lanny Ross with Rudolf
Friml, pianist
Giannina Mia

Rudolf Friml

506 no info yet

507A
Carol Bruce with Eddie Oliver and his Orchestra
Louisiana Purchase (from the musical “Louisiana Purchase”)
2044
Fall 1940?
Irving Berlin

507B
Carol Bruce with Eddie Oliver and his Orchestra
The Lord Done Fixed Up My Soul (from the musical “Louisiana Purchase”)
2045
Fall 1940?
Irving Berlin

508
Diosa Costello; V.
Selinsky, orchestra director
She could shake the maracas

Rodgers-Hart

508
Diosa Costello; V.
Selinsky, orchestra director
All dressed up (Spic and Spanish)

Rodgers-Hart

509
Diosa Costello
Perfidia

Alberto Dominguez

509
Diosa Costello
La Conga

Eliseo Grenet

510A
Carol Bruce with Eddie Oliver and his Orchestra
I gotta right to sing the blues
2046

Koehler - Arlen

510B
Carol Bruce with Eddie Oliver and his Orchestra
Lover, come back to me (from MGM film The New Moon)
2047

Mandel-Hammerstein-Romberg

511
Casper Reardon & his Orch. Loulie Jean (Norman) (vcl)
I Can't Give You Anything But Love (vLJ)
2015
02/05/40
Fields-McHugh

511
Casper Reardon & his Orch. Loulie Jean (Norman) (vcl)
Easy To Love (vLJ)
2017
02/05/40
Cole Porter

512A
Casper Reardon & his Orch.
I Got Rhythm
2016
02/05/40
George Gershwin

512B
Casper Reardon & his Orch. Loulie Jean (Norman) (vcl)
They Didn't Believe Me (vLJ)
2018
02/05/40
Reynolds-Kern

513A
Colin McPhee and Benjamin Britten, duo-pianists
Pemungkah (Overture to Shadow-Play)
2101

Set no. 17 The Music of Bali

513B
Colin McPhee and Benjamin Britten, duo-pianists
Rebong (Love Music from Shadow-Play)
2100

Set no. 17 The Music of Bali

514A
Colin McPhee and Benjamin Britten, duo-pianists
Gambangan (Intermezzo)/Lagu Delem (Music from Shadow-Play)
2102

Set no. 17 The Music of Bali

514B
Colin McPhee and Benjamin Britten, duo-pianists
Tabu Telu (Ceremonial Music)
2103

Set no. 17 The Music of Bali

515A
Georges Barrere, Flute and Colin McPhee, Piano
Lagu Ardja (Ardja Melody)
2097

Set no. 17 The Music of Bali

515B
Georges Barrere, Flute and Colin McPhee, Piano
Kambing Slem (Black Goat)
2098

Set no. 17 The Music of Bali

516 and higher - no info