[78-L] record siting in the movies

Mike Harkin xxm.harkin at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 22 05:31:08 PDT 2013

--- On Fri, 3/22/13, Kristjan Saag <saag at telia.com> wrote:

From: Kristjan Saag <saag at telia.com>
Subject: Re: [78-L] record siting in the movies
To: "78-L Mail List" <78-l at klickitat.78online.com>
Date: Friday, March 22, 2013, 11:36 AM

Oh, dear.
Got things mixed up.
No, it was not the U2incident that wasthe case here: the story was about
a wartime situation. If the pilot was shot it must have been by mistake;
heprobably hadengin trouble. So the fact hat he was treated well wasnot
a big surprise. The Capitol disc was, though.
Kristjan

(BTW: Who won the war? Wasn't it the Chinese?)

In theory we - The Allies - won.  Economically I'd say Germany & Japan....  At least until th EU.

How the blazes did an American get shot down over Siberia???  Only thing might have had the range was the B29, and we were using them on the Japanese.  I know we sent fighters to the Russians, to be reassembled on arrival but never heard that we sent B29's.  Perhaps this is another Untold Story from WW2????

Mike in Plovdiv