[78-L] record siting in the movies

Kristjan Saag saag at telia.com
Fri Mar 22 03:50:03 PDT 2013

I think I've mentioned this before, but watching a Russian theatre
performance in Gothenburg some years ago - the play was about an
American soldier shot down over Siberia during WW II and how he,
surprisingly, was treated well by the village people and even had a love
affair with one of them - I was even more surprised to see the villagers
playing a Capitol label 78 on the horn gramophone.
As the import of US popular records to this part of Russia probably was
minimal at the time the pilot must have managed a really soft landing
with his parachute and its musical content.
Don't remember the tune, though.
Kristjan