[78-L] Seipp

David Lewis uncledavelewis at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 18 18:40:55 PDT 2013

Robert C. Seipp  was the curator/producer of the 1960s TV program "The Toy That Grew Up," the very show that introduced me to silent films when I was 6 or 7 years old.

In a 1993 piece for Classic Images, Samuel K. Rubin wrote "Seipp, an authority on the era of the silents, also collects old phonographs, phonograph records, transcriptions and cylinders.

His record library numbers over 75,000 and includes many historical recordings of such famous people as Theodore Roosevelt, William Jennings Bryan and many turn-of-the-century entertainers."

Seipp was also president at one time of the Minnesota Association of Farm Mutual Insurance Companies or MAFMIC. A service award was created in his name, and first presented to him in 1986. A listing of past recipients of this award lists him as now deceased, and shows that his residence was in Tyler.

Anyone know what happened to Robert C. Seipp's collection?

Uncle Dave Lewis
uncledavelewis at hotmail.com