[78-L] TAC Records [was Beatrice Kay]

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Mon Mar 18 08:05:45 PDT 2013

Keynote 504 combines the Kay side with Tony Kraber's "Old Paint", from their
own album. Matrix is a Decca client #, 76558A. Theme 101 is pressed from the
same parts, but on terrible shellac. TAC originals were pressed by whoever did
Musicraft in the late 30s, and their masters were usually recorded (horribly)
at WMGM, whose equipment was even worse than Melotone, if that's possible.
(Melotone "Your Portrait in Sound" Studios on Central Park West, not ARC's
Melotone, although their output was pretty rotten as well till the CBS takeover.)

dl