[78-L] Romeo, Cameo, Wherefore Art Thou Cameo?

Harold Aherne leotolstoy_75 at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 13 08:09:12 PDT 2013

Cameo started in early 1922, joined by Lincoln in the fall of 1923. Romeo was part of the Cameo
stable, introduced in 1926. There was also a short-lived Variety label marketed by Cameo from
about 1926-28. Couldn't tell you anything about Cameo-Kid.

The Cameo-Pathé merger happened in late 1927 or early 1928. ARC was formed in the
summer of 1929 from a merger between the Regal Record Company, Cameo-Pathé and the
Scranton Button Company. Plaza, it seems, actually wasn't part of the merger. It launched
the Crown label in 1930.

-HA