[78-L] Wikipedia

Sammy Jones sjones69 at bellsouth.net
Tue Mar 12 20:02:33 PDT 2013

I first heard it by Bert Williams on a Radiola LP that contained stars of
the Ziegfeld Follies.

I was about to write that Eddie "Rochester" Anderson also performed it on
Jack Benny's radio show, but I checked first.  He actually sang "Somebody
Else, Not Me" on the 1942 version of the Doc Benny Minstrel Show sketch.
That's another Bert Williams song.  Phil Harris DID sing "Nobody" on the
show from May 23, 1937.

Sammy Jones