[78-L] Malcolm Sargent - Messiah

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Mon Mar 11 19:35:20 PDT 2013

I have a number of slipcase sets but I thought many of them were later
pressings. These have the cardboard inner jackets with liner notes (and line
drawings of beautiful people enjoying recorded entertainment, if I remember
correctly, or is it pretty girls showing you how to slide things in and out?).
Epic sets were in slipcases as well, and those are c. 1955.

While they were still trying to figure the format, they put out some opera sets
in 3 individual jacketed lps held together by that crappy crackable
leatherette, or whatever it was.

dl