[78-L] Enhanced for Stereo, was Re: Fake stereo

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Sun Mar 3 08:13:34 PST 2013

I stand corrected..the Segovia album IS listed in mono in schwann as DL 10034,
stereo DL 710034, and also as part of box set DX 148 which consists of
individual mono lps DL 9995/7. Contents are identical, as far as I can see, so
here was Decca not only hiding the stereo enhancement (which as I say was
actually an improvement in this instance) but passing off a previously issued
1958 recording with a 1961 Library of Incongruousness number.

dl