[78-L] Fake stereo

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Sat Mar 2 08:23:21 PST 2013

From: Don Cox <doncox at enterprise.net>
> I remember way back building a little box to give more treble on
> one channel and more bass on the other. (Of course a two-channel
> equaliser could do the same, but I didn't have one.)
> It worked quite well for small group jazz, but not for other records.
> Regards  Don Cox  doncox at enterprise.net

So you were the ONE person who was the "Public Demand" for fake stereo,
so much so that you did it yourself!!  Well, at least you didn't inflict
it on others like the record companies did. :-)

By the way, I didn't go out and buy those three Toscanini LMEs.  I found
two of them in the warehouse of the distributor I worked for in 66 and
67 -- my boss GAVE them to me because they were unsalable even at a
quarter.  I found the third one junking many years later.

Mike Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com