[78-L] Where were the dubbed Caruso records made?

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Sat Mar 2 08:02:31 PST 2013

Considering that the Gershwin bit was only a small part of a twelve-inch side
being recorded direct to disc in real time, the synchronization is perfect
(even not considering that the Gershwin bit etc. etc.). Remember the really
lousy overdub Lawrence Tibbett did on Cuban Love Song, where he comes in 3
times as loud as the rest of the record?

Stokowski's "Music from Carmen" on Victor sounds as if he had the trumpeter
overdub his solo on the Gypsy Dance.

dl