[78-L] Overdubs

Royal Pemberton ampex354 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 28 15:08:39 PST 2013

And on the subject of some kind of stereo overdubs on mono material, there
is the infamous stereo album of music from the children's Christmas special
RUDOLPH THE RED-NOSED REINDEER where stereo mixes of the backing tracks
have the mono mixes with vocals and all superimposed atop them, from
sources running at slightly differing speeds.  'Silver and gold' is
unlistenable.  Some songs have the intro in stereo, the rest of the song in
mono.  (On CD:  MCA MCAD-22177.)