[78-L] Soundstream Caruso sources.

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Thu Feb 28 11:10:42 PST 2013

Thomas Stockham began the project completely independent of RCA in the
early 70s.  I agree with Michael Shoshani that most recordings seem to
be sourced from shellac pressings, not metals or vinyl test pressings.
The REAL shocker is the one demo of the process where the comparison is
made to a copy that appears to have been used for 50 years as a paving
stone, but it is obvious that this is not the copy that was used for
processing.

Mike Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com