[78-L] Bix who?

Taylor Bowie bowiebks at isomedia.com
Tue Feb 26 21:39:23 PST 2013

I figure a name should be pronounced however the person who bears the name
decides to say it.

Many families who moved to the US from other countries ended up with
"Americanized" spellings and pronunciations of their names...sometimes they
chose to do so,  and sometimes they had it done by some immigration clerk at
Ellis Island or wherever.

I've run into a few people over the years who have told me that my last name
is "supposed" to be pronounced other than the way my family has chosen to
say it for at least five generations..pretty funny when you think about it!

Taylor Bowie