[78-L] Sister Rosetta Tharpe

gdkimball at cox.net gdkimball at cox.net
Mon Feb 25 20:26:24 PST 2013

It was on here in Richmond, VA, last week. I thought it was pretty well done.  I think that she is definitely underrated and under-appreciated, although music documentaries always seem to engage in unnecessary hyperbole. More film of her than I would have imagined, although some of the footage has been available on youtube for a long time.

Gregg