[78-L] Baroosh

L78rpm at aol.com L78rpm at aol.com
Fri Feb 22 16:18:42 PST 2013

I had childhood friends named Baruch.  They pronounced it Baroosh,
probably because American ears weren't accustomed to the hard Kh sound and they
had tired of correcting people.

Consider how people deal with Charosh.  I don't care how people  pronounce
it, as long I know they are talking to me, not to someone else.   I
pronounce with a soft Ch, as in chocolate:  Cha-rish.  (Accent  on the first
syllable.)

pc

In a message dated 2/22/2013 6:37:25 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,