[78-L] V-Disc 315A

Julian Vein julianvein at blueyonder.co.uk
Tue Feb 12 15:15:54 PST 2013

On 12/02/13 22:46, J. E. Knox wrote:
> Greetings from FixitLand!
>
> Could someone with the Sears V-Disc book please help me out...?
>
> Looking for the source of "Just Friends" on track 2 of V-Disc 315A. There is a track from the Victor recording session of 17 November 1944, listed in the Charles Garrod Charlie Spivak discography as scheduled for Victor 20-1601 but unissued. Could this be that recording?
>
> TIA,
>

>> J. E. Knox "The Victor Freak"

> Lord 10.0 shows

Charlie Spivak & Just friends
[S10726-10] Charlie Spivak
Charlie Spivak (tp,ldr) Danny Vanelli, Phil Belzer, Bernard Seeck (tp)
Herbie Harper, Rusty Nichols, Vernon Whitney, James Williams (tb) Sal
Pace, Charles Russo (as) Frank Ludwig, Mickey Sabol (ts) Henry Haupt
(bar) Al Nicolace (p) Lenny Mirabella (g) Jack Jacobson (b) Alvin
Stoller (d) Jimmy Saunders, Irene Daye (vcl) Neal Hefti, Jimmy Mundy (arr)
World transcriptions, New York, February, 1944
     Tess's torch song
     Easter parade
     Marianne (js vcl)    V-Disc 254, Joyce LP2005, Collector's Choice Music
         6653 [CD]
     I've got a heart filled with love
     Moonlight on the Ganges    Joyce LP2019
     A journey to a star
     Now I know
     Trav'lin' light (id vcl)    Decca 6.23554, Hindsight HSR105, HCD105
[CD]
     Sunday in Sorrento
     So goodnight
     Sweet and lovely (js vcl)
     Mean to me (id vcl)    Decca 6.23554, Hindsight HSR105, HCD105 [CD]
     Blue Lou    Decca 6.23554, Big Band Archives 1214,
         Hindsight HSR105, HCD105[CD]
     Together (js vcl)
     You always hurt the one you love (js vcl)    V-Disc 315,
Collector's Choice Music 6653 [CD]
     Just friends (js vcl)          -                             -
     I used to love you (id vcl)    Decca 6.23554, Hindsight HSR105,
HCD105 [CD]
     More than you know (id vcl)         -                  - -

      Julian Vein