[78-L] A letter from Ulysses J. Walsh to Ida Tarbell (somewhat ^)

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Wed Feb 6 17:15:33 PST 2013

Yes it is one and the same.  Jim used his first name for his
non-phonograph writings and used both names or just Jim for his
phonographic articles.

The letter is interesting.  I guess back in 1931 the other handwritten
versions of the Gettysburg Address were unknown.

Mike Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com

From: Harold Aherne <leotolstoy_75 at yahoo.com>
> Found a copy of a letter in the Ida Tarbell collection at Allegheny College that was addressed to Miss Tarbell from a Ulysses J. Walsh of Marion, Virginia in September 1931:https://dspace.allegheny.edu/handle/10456/32761(click the link under "Files in this item" to view a PDF)
Is this THE Jim Walsh? I'm guessing so.   -HA