[78-L] "Ring Dem Bells" recording ID wanted.

Mark Bardenwerper citrogsa at charter.net
Mon Feb 4 17:30:44 PST 2013

On 2/4/2013 6:09 PM, Tim Huskisson wrote:
> I'd bet on Harry James leading the trumpet section. And apparently Sonny
> Igoe played for Harry James from 1966 to 1973. But the recording sounds
> earlier.
>
> Tim Huskisson
>

> Hi All,
> I suspect the recording I've uploaded to
> https://dl.dropbox.com/u/22890258/Ring%20Dem%20Bells.mp3 dates from after
> the general 78 era but I'm sure one or more of you learned folks will know
> some info on the band, recording date and issue label(s) etc.
>
> This mp.3 was made from a cassette I recorded from the radio probably
> mid/late 1970s, tho' could have been before. The drummer is Sonny Igoe
> ....... and that's all I know. Numerous occasional web searches over a
> number of years have not provided me any clues. As there are not any reeds
> present on the recording I did at one point wonder if was one of the Jackie
> Gleason all brass recordings, but drew a blank there too.
Would James work in an ensemble? I don't think so. He's going to figure
as a soloist somewhere. Besides the lip is too soft for James. Could
have been one of the network orks. What was ever recorded by them? I
remember some pretty sensational stuff done on the old TV shows. Most of
that is just crumbs now.
I though of Elgart, but most of his stuff is sweet.

--
Mark L. Bardenwerper, Sr.

Technology...thoughtfully, responsibly.

Visit me at http://citroen.cappyfabrics.com