[78-L] Trombonist query

Kristjan Saag saag at telia.com
Wed Jan 30 15:20:00 PST 2013

Phil Cardew, infact, led several orchestras from the 1920's and on,
played reeds in others (Fred Elizalde, Piccadilly Revels Band), arranged
for Lew Stone, Roy Fox, Geraldo, Henry Hall (staff arranger 1932-1936),
Jack Hylton, Jack Payne, Ray Starita...in short: one of the leading
arrangers of the British Dance Bands era.
Around 1924 he was with one of Jack Hylton's outfits, the Metro-Gnomes,
led by Hylton's wife Ennis Parkes, a band that also included Ted Heath.
In 1941 Cardew and Heath worked together again in Lew Stone's orchestra.
Kristjan