[78-L] Fwd: Sonora "The Melody Beautiful" Record

bruce78rpm at comcast.net bruce78rpm at comcast.net
Thu Jan 24 09:31:05 PST 2013

----- Forwarded Message -----

I have a Sonora Elite bulge Sided Phonograph, and a few years ago, a friend gave me
a very nice Colorful Sheet Music Piece called Sonora "The Melody Beautiful", an actual Song written in 1920 about the Sonora Phonograph.

On the back of the Sheet Music it shows a picture of a Sonora 78rpm Record with white Lettering on blue background with the title
Sonora "The Melody Beautiful", and then in big bold print "Be Sure to get the Phonograph Record of "Sonora The Melody Beautiful ".

Since I thought this would be a great record to keep with the Sonora Elite and the Sheet music, I have had an Ebay automatic search going for a few years
for this record with zero results. Plenty of Sonora record emails sent from ebay for later Sonora Records but never one for this one. Has anyone ever run across this
record or have it in their collection ? I am assuming it was not originally for sale, but you could pick it up at your Sonora Dealer back in 1920, which would
certainly make it an elusive and very uncommon record today. Hopefully someone without a Sonora Phonograph may have it, and may be willing to part with it. I know, fat chance of that
but certainly worth a try.

Thanks,

Bruce