[78-L] How to keep 78s warm in a cold snap

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Wed Jan 23 20:56:23 PST 2013

Big YIKES. A friend of mine had pipes burst in his basement some years ago with
resultant flooding, and eventual drying out, but nothing was done to salvage
the records, newspapers, films etc. When he died about a year later, family and
friends spent three months putting stuff in dumpsters, although the 78s that
they didn't toss (we finally got them to hold back) were salvageable, even if
the sleeves weren't. Jim Hadfield's old place also took on water at one time
(might have been related to the big ice storm about 20 years ago) and one level
of records was affected, but I think the records came out okay.

dl