[78-L] An Acoustic Horn for your Iphone

Michael Shoshani michael.shoshani at gmail.com
Sat Jan 19 16:21:03 PST 2013

On 01/18/2013 10:50 PM, bradc944 at comcast.net wrote:
> Someone out there in Internet-lant had an iPhone 'speaker'/stand that was designed off of the Orthacoustic/Credenza folded horn principle. I was looking at one but apparently it will NOT work on the iPod (4th gen) because it is about half the thickness of the iPhone4, and won't effectively couple with the teeny speaker.

That would be the Ampli-phone, designed and built by Robert "Look For
The Dog" Baumbach and his Gryphon Corp. I thought it used the docking
connection, but apparently it's all acoustically coupled.

I have an Android device, ignored by purveyors of "get that gramophone
sound on your whiz-bang smart phone" devices, so I wouldn't know in
depth how these work. :)

Michael Shoshani
Chicago