[78-L] Waveforms

DAVID BURNHAM burnhamd at rogers.com
Fri Jan 18 13:17:18 PST 2013

I too have sometimes noticed this odd waveform configuration when doing
cleanups of 78s. It's kind of rare; most samples are fairly symmetrical.
Another thing that interests me is why some transfers in stereo, of mono
material, show the 2 waveforms in lock-step while others are 180 degrees
out of phase. Or could it just be one of my regular cartridges is wired
that way? I only have one of those and make a point not to use it unless
I'm transferring Pathe or Edison discs.
More investigation is needed on my part, I think.
Malcolm