[78-L] Japanese 78s

Michael Shoshani michael.shoshani at gmail.com
Fri Jan 18 10:53:40 PST 2013

On 01/18/2013 12:40 PM, neechevoneeznayou at gmail.com wrote:

> Col A 820 - Buttons and Bows/Sentimental Journeys
>
> Col A 93 - Hill (?) of Pure Heart/China Night

> Can anyone shed some light on what I have?

The only answer to A 820 is to play it. Maybe they coupled Dinah Shore's
Buttons and Bows with Les Baxter's Sentimental Journey? Both were US
Columbia recordings, although never issued coupled together here.

I've had two pressings of A 93, and the late Andrea Walsh had one. I've
seen so many of that one around that I think it's the Japanese
equivalent of "Near You" by Francis Craig.

Michael Shoshani
Chicago