[78-L] Japanese 78s

neechevoneeznayou at gmail.com neechevoneeznayou at gmail.com
Fri Jan 18 10:40:31 PST 2013

I have acquired my first Japanese 78s. There are 4 10" sides, 1 Victor
and 3 Columbias in (I assume) original paper sleeves (except the Victor
which is also in a Columbia sleeve).

Sleeves are in English so I assume these were distributed in the US. The
labels have titles in English, the rest is in Japanese. Label says Made
by Nippon Columbia Kawasaka Japan

Matrix info is numbers, letters and Japanese characters

Col A339 - Tokyo Boogie Woogie/My dear little box

Col A 820 - Buttons and Bows/Sentimental Journeys

Col A 93 - Hill (?) of Pure Heart/China Night
There is a small sheet of paper with what I assume are the words in
Japanese. I haven't listened yet, now I think they are not Japanese
artists, just pressed for the Japanese market.

Victor V-40256 (similar to circle label) Japanese only labels

Can anyone shed some light on what I have?

Thanks,

Joe Salerno