[78-L] RCA Victor Classical Educational series listings?

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Sun Jan 13 16:43:51 PST 2013

That is a very wide range of dates to find in one place.  Victor did
publish many editions of "A Graded List and Educational Catalogue of
Victor Records for Home, School, and College".  I have the 1924 10th and
1930 13th editions.  Copyright dates of the series start at 1918.  I
have a similar one from around 1951 but it is not on the shelf where it
should be so I can't cite the exact title they were using then.

There are also many, many different editions of the Victor educational
publications (which might be easier to find) such as Music Appreciation
for Children, What We Hear In Music, Music and Romance for Youth,
Lecture-Laboratory Course in Appreciation and History of Music, Music
Appreciation with the Victrola for Children, and Music Manual for Rural
Schools With the Victrola.  These have record lists.  But ALL of these
catalogs and books include standard release records, not just those that
were specically recorded for educational use.  And these are not
exclusively Red Seal, either.

Mike Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com