[78-L] song about women drivers

Thomas HENRY thomashenry81 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 13 12:16:35 PST 2013

Hello,

I just listened to the original soundtrack of the1932  French film
"Conduisez-moi, Madame" (Drive me, lady,
http://musique-de-films.blogspot.fr/2011/08/conduisez-moi-madame-1932.html).
The film is about a broke woman who has to become her banker's driver to
make a living.The main song, called "Antoinette", is a portrait of the main
character, presented as a "manly" woman. The lyrics are quite funny. I can
send you the recording and try to translate you the lyrics if you have
interest. I have no idea if the film or the song had any success in the US.
Best regards,
Thomas Henry
http://ceintsdebakelite.com