[78-L] 78s - on hold!

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Thu Jan 10 16:08:14 PST 2013

Isn't it possible that a satellite station, or that little bitty station
somewhere in California, has turned up on these systems?

Years ago there was a chain called Mother's pizza, which opened locations
around southern Ontario (maybe elsewhere) and cornered the market on
bric-a-brac, old spinning wheels, tiffany lamps and what have you, and
programmed oldies on its sound system, except that they never changed the tapes
and probably used only the Decca DEA-7-1/3 sets. I got to dread Judy Garland's
Stompin' at the Savoy because I heard it every time I ate there. The pizzas
were good though.

dl