[78-L] 78s - on hold!

Rodger Holtin rjh334578 at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 10 14:53:50 PST 2013

We placed an order for a special item from the local Kroger grocery and yesterday I got a call back from the corporate headquarters office that handles special order stuff.  In the course of the conversation she put me on hold to verify some information about the item.

Imagine my delight when I heard some acoustic classic coming over the phone.  Took me a moment to be sure it was real, but sure enough, it was some early 20s dance band, perhaps the Virginians or somebody like them.  Too bad I didn't recognize the tune or the specific record.  Alas, the young lady came back on the line, but I got a good two minutes of it, no hot solos but certainly that jazz era enthusiasm.  She had no idea who in corporate may have been responsible, but I certainly appreciated hearing something the average American would never get to hear.  Of course that's a privilege I enjoy every day, but nice to hear it on the phone!

If only I could get my out of office e-mail set to send mp3s of Coon-Sanders.

Rodger

For Best Results use Victor Needles.

.