[78-L] Count John McCormack Vol. VII, 1904-1906. "Produced to Pearl Quality Criteria"

Ryan Wolfe nextset4 at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 10 11:03:32 PST 2013

Yes.    It would have been terrible to have left any bass on an electrical record.

Royal Pemberton ampex354 at gmail.com

Those Nimnul....Nitwit....Nimbus CDs....they even played 1940s electric 78s
on that acoustic thing!! On Thu, Jan 10, 2013 at 6:43 PM, Michael Biel <mbiel at mbiel.com> wrote: >At least they weren't playing back their records acoustically and >recording them with a quad mic in some crazy count's overly reverberant >dining room!!! >>Mike Biel mbiel at mbiel.com >>-------- Original Message -------- >>From: David Lennick <dlennick at sympatico.ca> >>>I did several complete projects for Pearl beginning in 1994, and at that >time >they were definitely raising their standards and wanted clicks razored >out and >a modicum of EQ and didn't object if I centered the records. Their >reputation >was so bad that when I asked to borrow an item from Jeff Healey, he said >that