[78-L] E*AY Seller Complaint - Bait & Switch on a $300 Record

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Fri Jan 4 12:15:18 PST 2013

I agree with Erwin and everybody else. Get that record back to the guy
FAST and get your money back.  You have lucked out that you have been
able to redeem your falling for overpaying for a replica.

One note, however, it IS a 64 year old record, and although to US that
might not be old, it is to most people.  Remember, when John Steiner
supplied the collector market with this replica in 1948, the original
was only 20 years old -- and already as rare then as it is now!!!  When
classic jazz collecting began around 1938, some of these ten year old
records were already scarce!!  It is fascinating to read Record Changer
and other magazines of the 30s and 40s to see how important these 78
reissues were to collectors.   This Steiner replica is a relic of THAT
era, but not worth $300!!!

Mike Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com