[78-L] E*AY Seller Complaint - Bait & Switch on a $300 Record

Clifford Bolling 78records at cdbpdx.com
Thu Jan 3 16:47:06 PST 2013

Anybody here familiar with 2ndfiddlerecords (aka George Casalle) of Chicago?  I'm wondering if I should
worry about dealing with this fellow.  I bought a Blind Lemon Jefferson record from him (auction #121039784517)
described as Grades N-,  Never Played,  Excellent, and so on.  I found out the photos in the auction are of a
record that sold on ebay in Sep, 2011.  The record I got was not the record in the pictures and had significant
environmental damage to both sides in addition to significant label damage on both sides.  I did not examine it
close enough to tell if it had ever been played.  Could be unplayed.

I paid an embarrassingly high price for this record, but the photos and description seemed a once in a lifetime
opportunity, so I bid on it.

Anyway, I sent him a note with these issues.  Haven't heard back from him yet.  He has 100% positive feedback so
he must be doing something right, just not this time.

Has anyone here had issue with this seller?  Please, someone, say something that will ease my anxiety.

Thanks!  CDB