[78-L] A bit o' grit

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Thu Jan 3 09:16:02 PST 2013

On 1/3/2013 11:46 AM, Julian Vein wrote:
> On 03/01/13 16:41, David Lennick wrote:
>> Does anyone have any cure, outside of using a chisel, for a bit of grit that
>> adheres to a fine-groove lp and causes skips and/or repeats and does not come
>> out with either the professional cleaning methods (Monks et al) or a carefully
>> aimed fingernail?
>>
>> dl

> Can't help, but does anyone know what this mysterious substance is? I'm
> sure we've all experienced it.
>
>        Julian Vein

Mysterious extra-terrestrial material, obviously. I just got lucky..the piece
in question is a scherzo with tricky alternating rhythms, but the section is
repeated at the end. (And then I flipped the disc and ran into another repeat,
but that was a mild scratch, easy to repair.)

This disc is cursed. By me. Several times.