[78-L] Paderewski query

Mark Bardenwerper citrogsa at charter.net
Wed Jan 2 18:27:51 PST 2013

While on Paderewski,
You might be interested in this photo of him and his wife while
attending the Paris Peace Conference in 1919. To their left is Edwin
House, an envoy from President Wilson, to their right, James A. Drain,
the only American to serve overseas with a significant handicap, a
missing right hand.

Temporarily retired Paderewski was there to promote a free Poland. He
had earlier befriended Wilson who supported his cause. Drain was my
wife's great grandfather. I am trying to find a publisher for his
autobiography. This picture will be in the book.

http://www.westernfrontassociation.com/news/newsflash/2195-james-a-drain-aef-can-you-help.html

--
Mark L. Bardenwerper, Sr.

Technology...thoughtfully, responsibly.